Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)

 

I'll admit it, I'm still salty about Bucky being alive.  I get it, no one ever dies in comic books, even if you see the body sometime.  Please tell me Uncle Ben is still dead.  That would ruin Spider-man completely.  Bucky's death is what gave Steve Rogers some character, rather than the happy go lucky soldier he was in the comic books.  It was a defining moment in his life.  OK, now that I have said that, I don't mind this Bucky being alive in the MCU, since it is rather different than the comic books.  And Sebastian Stan is just great.  And this movie is pretty great, though it's far closer to a mini-Avengers movie, and Natasha gets a great deal of time in the spotlight.  While she really deserved a solo movie (as solo as any Marvel movies can be at this time) long before she actually got one, this is really a co-starring role for her.

I'm not always a big fan of spy intrigue movies, but add superheroes to the mix and I'm happy.  This is where Marvel really started hitting on all cylinders.  I am still amazed Robert Redford was in this, and looked like he had a great time.  Disney+ has bloopers, and even an actor of his caliber flubs his lines.  He's great.  And then we meet the twins.

Next up- Guardians of the Galaxy (well, not the originals, but you know...)

No comments: