Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Ultra MOTW- Miroganda

This was the third and final episode of Ultraman I ever saw as a kid.  It is not the most exciting episode, but now I really enjoy it.  It's a mystery, and fun to watch.  This is the first plant monster an Ultra fights, and it won't be the last, though these sort of creatures are rare.  This one grows huge but really isn't a threat to Ultraman, who finishes it off with the Spacium ray.  But look at this set up- I love the miniatures and the way it is shot.  No wonder this show was such a hit back then!

I remember exactly where I was when seeing this episode.  It was early 1979 and I was back in West Virginia.  This was the last time it was on television (WDCA Channel 20, of course) and I was old enough to remember it much better than the other times I saw the show.  Plant monsters are rather rare, which is kind of surprising, since they are usually pretty creepy, even if done poorly.

No comments: