Saturday, November 27, 2021

Thor: Ragnarok (2017) thoughts

I did not remember a lot of this movie.  Seeing it again reminded me how good the whole film was, overall, even if how the Hulk got to Sakaar was never fully explained.  I don't like that the Warriors Three were killed, but since it's comic books, they can return, since even Loki came back from the dead at least four times.  And Lady Sif was nowhere to be seen in this movie.  I hear she will be in the 4th Thor movie, along with Dr. Jane Foster.  Now, if that follows the comic books... well, that would be spoiling things, wouldn't it?

I really love the Valkyrie, though she is never given an actual name in the movie.  She will also be in the sequel, since she is the Ruler of New Asgard. I loved Dr. Strange getting his slight comeuppance when Thor retrieved his umbrella.  I didn't realize Mark Mothersbaugh did the music, nor did I remember Clancy Brown was Surter's voice.  Gotta watch all the acting credits while waiting for various post credits scenes.
 

No comments: