Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Doctor Strange (2016)

 

I was wrong, it was this movie and not Spidey that came next.  So I will watch that a bit later.  I did see this movie in the theater, and have watched it once again.  This time I was really struck by all the multiverse talk by the Ancient One.  I thought the TVA was traveling through time to prevent that sort of thing from happening?  Perhaps they meant different dimensions, but at this point it is moo now.  This is really an enjoyable movie, especially knowing what is going to happen.  It's too bad Marvel doesn't have the rights to Namor, the Sub-mariner.  I think a true Defenders movie might be fun.  It sure has taken a long time for the good doctor to get a sequel, though I know he will be featured in the new Spider-man movie.

I was surprised to see that Thor was surprised to learn Earth has magicians.  Surely Odin would have met the Ancient One at some point in time.  He did wander the planet quite a bit.  I did really like the martial arts training, as various writers would mention Stephen got trained, but he rarely hit anyone.  He did avoid a strike from Mantis, something only three others had ever been able to do.  Boy I disliked comic book Mantis.

No comments: