Sunday, September 26, 2021

Sven- Blood of Dracula (1957)

 

Or as it probably should have been called, I was a Teenage Vampire.  It's pretty much a remake of I was a Teenage Werewolf.  I'm sure I have seen Werewolf, but danged if I can remember more than the final scene.  This movie was not bad, but most of the characters deserved what happens to them.  Even the vampire girl wasn't very pleasant to begin with, so it's hard to feel sorry for her.  I did like her more traditional vampire look, though.  They went for Nosferatu, man, rather than a sexy vampire woman.  That was pretty different for the time frame.  Of course, this is a science vampire rather than a magic vampire, so perhaps that's the difference?

It's a short movie, not even 70 minutes, which let Sven do a lot of his schtick.  He's a really talented person, and I am glad his show has been on the air so long.  As I have mentioned, we didn't have a horror host in CO when I was growing up, so I have no nostalgia at all about them.

No comments: