Thursday, September 30, 2021

8. What If... Ultron Won?

I accidentally read some spoilers for this episode. I'm not thrilled already.  I wrote that right before I watched the episode and yeah, I was right.  It should be renamed "What if we could kill as many MCU characters in episode as possible?"  because that's what it has turned into.  This episode has so many plot holes... the first one is, there are several Watchers, not just Uatu.  We have seen that in one of the movies.  Heck, Stan Lee is a Watcher!  So how are they all not showing up to pound Ultron into dust?  If he destroys all realities then they will be out of a job.  And destroying Ego and Thanos so simply?    That really makes those alleged cosmic threats look weak.  Also, once Thanos had the Infinity Gauntlet, why didn't he notice the Watchers?  And if the SNAP was so powerful that it about killed the Mad Titan, how on Earth could Ultron use it and survive?  None of this makes sense.

The humor in this episode was scarce, as in barely there.  It was a shorter episode, and once again, the end is just "I need your help."  Are we supposed to think everything will be remade and all right then?  Or, gods forbid, is there gonna be a sequel episode next week?  

And where are the Celestials?  We saw at least one of them last episode...

I don't know if I can deal with this sort of stuff much longer.  Where are the episodes like What if Spidey joined the Fantastic Four?  Or a story about the Invaders? 

No comments: