Sunday, September 19, 2021

Sven- Dracula (1931)

 

Growing up in Colorado, KWGN Channel 2 aired a lot of Universal movies.  Sunday afternoons were filled with creatures, vampires, werewolves and mummies on a regular basis.  A certain genius friend of mine found out many years later that the station's programmer loved those movies, which is why they showed up all the time.  He also provided us with many Japanese monster movies as well.  So all of these Universal horror movies seem like old friends when I watch them now.  Of course, I see the films in a different light these days, and I don't always remember some of the fun details of the movies.  I think I was also doing other things while the movies were on, like talking to my brother or reading a comic book.  The world may never know now, though.

The print Sven showed last night was gorgeous.  Bela sure was a good looking guy back then.  I always thought he looked old, but dang.  He was about my age now.

It would be fun to have Sven show the 30 minute longer Spanish version of the movie sometime.  I've only seen that once or twice, so that would be very interesting to watch now.

No comments: