Wednesday, September 15, 2021

tiny MOTW- The Micro-Monster

 

DC had it's fair share of giant monster stories in the 50s and 60s.  Unlike Marvel though, they rarely got the great names, like Fin Fang Foom, Shagg, or Groot.  They were more generic, more like US monsters than the Japanese ones that Stan Lee must have been watching.  This Micro-Monster was a single celled creature made giant by man's hubris and experiments.  It's defeated, thankfully!  This story first appeared in My Greatest Adventure #76  of the series My Greatest Adventure (Volume 1) with a cover date of February, 1963.  I first read it in Doom Patrol 122, which was a backup story for the main one.   This was in 1973 and I was almost eight years old.  DC Comics did try to keep some real science in their stories from this time period.I'm pretty sure I didn't quite understand this story that well, since it was just something to glance at after reading the superhero part of the book.  I really enjoy these short stories now, and would by a collection of them. 

No comments: