Thursday, September 2, 2021

Terrible Ultra MOTW- Vakishim

 

Terrible-Monster Vakishim appeared in Ultraman Ace episode #3- "Go Up In Flames- Terrible-Monster Hell!".  It's a Yapool monster.  It was also one of the first Bandai Ultra Monster I bought.  Or rather, thought I bought.  Turns out I got a bootleg version.  Which is still kinda cool.  I got it in a a comic book store in Atlanta, GA.  This was way back in 1987 and knowledge of what was a real Bandai and what was a bootleg was not easily accessible.  Heck, the people who even knew there was more than one Ultraman probably numbered in the 100s (at least in the US) at the time.

It's a cool looking monster, and made an appearance in Ultraman Mebius (2006).  I was happy to see that as well.  I thought I had a picture of the toy, but I can't find it at the moment.  I've yet to watch my Ace DVD set yet, though I am happy to have it.

No comments: