Wednesday, September 22, 2021

MOTW... FROM SPACE- Gezora

 

Gezora is a massive cuttlefish that lives off the waters of Selgol Island.  The natives worship it and are afraid of it, so it existed before the deadly Space Amoeba showed up and mutated it further for it's own deadly uses.  The mollusc is sent to attack the island, but is defeated and killed with fire.  I feel bad for the poor animals in this movie, as they were not really evil, just being used by a life form that was bent on taking over the world.

I think it's no secret that I have loved this movie ever since I saw it on TV back in 1972.  I still love it.  It has aliens and giant monsters in it, so I was happy.  It's a fun man vs monster movie, with no extra special scientific devices available to help man out.  I'm not blind to the faults of the movie, it's part of the charm.  I'm glad I got to have the AIP dub growing up as well.

1 comment:

Danny Coffin said...

One of Toho's unsung , underrated gems ; had the same vibe as Godzilla's '' island films '' ( '' GODZILLA VS EBIRAH '' & ''SON OF GODZILLA '' ) . As smaller kaiju usually showed up later on at much larger size it's a shame Gezora , Ganime & Kameba never showed up in other films ( I'd rather not mention Kameba showing up as Godzilla's victim in '' G x M x MG : TOKYO S . O . S. '' . We should have at least seen the two of 'em battling beforehand . )