Saturday, September 25, 2021

Devil Dinosaur

 

I'm given to understand a new series called Devil Dinosaur and Moon Girl is being prepared for Disney+.  I have the collection for this original series, which is quite enjoyable, but suffers from Kirby's hyperbolic writing style.  Not a one of these dinosaurs (and other prehistoric animals) really resembled real animals, even in the 70s.  It was all 100% Jack Kirby.  It only lasted nine issue, but Devil did show up in Godzilla for two issues as well.  That's probably not cannon at this point.  I know they brought both Devil and Moon Boy to the "present" at some point, but don't know how or why.  I wonder what has happened to ol' Moon Boy?

I really don't care that a girl is taking his place.  As long as it's a good reason.  It should be a fun series.

No comments: