Monday, May 2, 2022

Bananas #4- 1974

 

Dynamite was a Scholastic magazine that was published from 1974 until 1992.  I had several of the issues, mostly because they had the origins of various superheroes in them.  I got less interested after Marvel decided to do their ripoff own magazine, Pizzazz which I never read.  They took their heroes out of Dynamite.  Dynamite then replaced the origins with their own heroes, The Dynamite Duo.  They were bland and rather boring.  But they weren't the heroes I wanted to read about.  This magazine would cover all kinds of topics, from current popular movies to sports and life topics important to kids aged 7-12 or so.

This issue featured the inexplicably popular Love Bug and some other stuff.  All I remembered was that it also had three pages on the origin of Spider-Man.  I knew the origin, but was so excited to read more about it.  I recently bought a copy from eBay.  It is in good shape, and I did not remember many other articles at all.  I doubt I read many of them, since I was not interested in pro sports at all.  I would read about the movies and television shows in later issues.  I lost interest in the zine when I got to Jr High.  These things happen.  I had no idea it lasted as long as it did.

No comments: