Friday, May 20, 2022

La Mano Del Destino

 

 La Mano Del Destino (the Hand of Destiny, and shouldn't it be E: Mano?) returns to the squared circle to avenge his betrayal at the hands of his enemies and friends.  This group is led by El Jefe, who has some unknown power over most of the luchadores.  Mano is told he must defeat each wrestler individually before he can take on El Jefe.  All of this is set in Mexico in the 60s, when the wrestling was still real to many people in the country. 

This trade papberback was released in May of 2021.  As regular readers of this blog know, I do not read many new comic books.  I have read two parts of this book so far, and it is pretty enjoyable.  The art is good, and has a bit of Jack Kirby in there.  I also find the story intriguing, and it isn't too graphic with the violence.  At least, so far.  I am looking forward to reading more of the story, which is high praise from me these days.

No comments: