Thursday, May 12, 2022

Spider-Man 1994

 

Just finished watching all five seasons, 65 episodes of this series.  I did not remember it being so great.  The more I read about it and the trials it went through just to get on the air, the more I am impressed by the show.  I would rank it almost as great as Batman: The Animates Series.  It is different in tone enough that it is hard to choose.  I watched most of it when it aired originally, but had forgotten a lot of the details.  Especially the less than great CG backgrounds.  It didn't bother me then and I really didn't care much about it at all now.

It does have a very tight continuity, which makes it different than Batman.  I don't think Spidey punched a single person in all those episodes, but I know some robots got clobbered.  There were a lot more guest heroes than in Batman, and longer story arcs.  It is a really good show, enough that I wanted to binge it a few nights.  

Some fans are upset about the way the series ended.  I was one, since I figured we had at least another season of adventures to find MJ.  But now I don't mind.  Peter saved the say and is about to get his reward.  Loved the part with Stan as well.

No comments: