Saturday, May 14, 2022

Dr. Strange in the Mulitverse of Madness (2022)

 

I liked it.  Much like the first Dr Strange movie way back in 2016 (six years for a sequel?  that is strange to say the least), I liked it.  Perhaps I will like it more in the future, but this is lower tier for me.  It is hard to compete against the masterpiece that No Way Home was, and I tried not to compare it to that.  This film also featured Wanda, my Scarlet Witch.  I tried to avoid spoilers, but kind of knew what was going to happen simply by the name of the movie, all homage to Lovecraft included.  When one has read most of the appearances of the Scarlet Witch, one knows her history.  I had high hopes for The West Coast Avengers when John Byrne took over, and then he did what he did to both Wanda and the Vision.  He also messed with Tigra as well, so there are three strikes right there.  Spoilers ahead:

I'm not thrilled with Wanda being "dead".  There were a lot of things that made me smile, even if the stupid Illuminati were part of it.  I did like seeing Reed, Charles and the some of the rest, but I believe Namor and Doom were also part of that group in the comic books, but that is long past my reading of current product.  I did like America Chavez, at least the actress.  I don't know much more about the character than this movie.  The movie wasn't too long, just a bit over two hours.  It could have been a bit shorter.  It had been so long since the first movie I had forgotten who Rachel was.  I really did like seeing Clea in the post credits scene.

No comments: