Monday, May 9, 2022

RIP George Perez

 

He passed away on May 6th, 2022, at the age of 67.  Even though he had told everyone it would be happening, it still hurts.  I take solace in the fact that he is no longer in pain and his legacy will live on for quite a long time.  He was a great artist and a great writer.  Many of the artists I had been reading in comic books had been around long before I was an active reader.  George started at Marvel in 1973, which has always given me (in my mind) a sort of kinship with George's career.  He was my favorite artist.

I had the pleasure of meeting and talking to George several times at Comic Con in San Diego.  He was always gracious and talked to everyone he could.  I am still really happy I got to thank him for the JLA/Avengers series.  I didn't read everything he ever worked on, but I have read a lot of them, and I think I enjoyed about 99% of that.  He will be missed. 

Thank you for all the memories, George.

No comments: