Monday, May 23, 2022

Batwoman/Panther Women

 

This Blu Ray was certainly a surprise to see released.  I received it yesterday  After years of a washed out picture for La Mujer Murcielago, seeing a restored version was incredible.  VCI has somehow found a great print and restored it.  Oddly, they commissioned an English dub for the movie, and don't have the original Spanish language with English subtitles.  I am happy to say the dub is presented as straight forward as possible, and while I haven't seen the dubbing cast, it sounds like they might all be of Latino descent.  At least, I hope they are, since the accents sound legit.  I have only watched about half of the Batwoman, and it is gorgeous.  I could live without the English voiceover every time a sign in Spanish shows up.  Heck, we even hear him say "Reptilicus".

I am looking forward to The Panther Women, since that movie was considered lost even a few years ago.  The synopses sounds like it should be a lot of fun.  Apparently it is part of the Wrestling Women series, but I am not sure.

No comments: